This recipe is a sweet, chocolaty variation of my stuffed French toast. As you can see, it’s pretty easy to customize it with whatever strikes your fancy!
- 4 slices multigrain bread (I used Brownberry’s Multigrain bread)
- 1 cup 2% lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda, or your sweetener of choice
- 1 scoop (37g) Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey Powder (can substitute with Casein)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s semisweet chocolate chips
For the filling:
- In a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, whey or casein powder, vanilla extract, and Splenda till smooth. Set aside
For the Batter:
- Whisk egg whites, skim milk, cinnamon until all incorporated
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Dip one side of the bread in the egg batter to coat and repeat on the other side. Repeat with other slices of bread
- Place in the skillet, and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Spread the cheese and chocolate chips evenly over the slices of bread and make a stacked sandwich (you might have leftover filling, you can top the French toast with it once it has been grilled).
For the whole recipe:
- Protein 86g
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 122g
- Fiber 18g
- Calories 1004