This recipe was originally posted by Annie at www.epicureanbb.com.
This delicious dish is great for rest days! Note: you’ll need a slow cooker for the first part of the recipe and will finish off with a pan or skillet
- 16 oz Beef flank steak
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into strips (save half for the frying part)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, or orange) cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cut the meat vertically (along the grain) and place in slow cooker. Add tomatoes, half of the chopped onion, garlic cloves, pepper and seasoning on top. Add enough water to cover the ingredients. Cook for about 6 hours on low or on high for about 4 hours.
- Remove meat, shred and set aside (Note: you can save the broth and vegetables for soup!!)
- Add lime juice to meat and the other half of the sliced onions
- Coat a frying pan or skillet with non stick cooking spray and add mixture to the cold pan. On medium heat stir the meat constantly. When the onions are soft and the meat cooked, raise the heat and sear the meat until it’s slightly brown and crispy. Serve while hot.
*if your macros allow, serve with rice!**
- Protein 100g
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 7g
- Calories 914