My taste tester, who has tried all of my cheesecakes, called this “hands down my best cheesecake ever.” I promise not to disappoint.
This caramel apple cheesecake is a bite of Fall! Spiced apples, drizzled caramel, cheesecake and a cinnamon toast crunch crust makes a perfect dessert or post workout snack.
Macros for whole cheesecake: Protein 137g/Fat 81g/ Carbs 254g/Fiber 15g/Calories 2282
Per slice (If cut into 8 equal slices): P 17g/ F 10g/ C 32g/ Fiber 2/ Cal 285
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Crust:
3 cups Cinnamon toast crunch cereal
1/4 cup melted butter
2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon Smuckers Caramel topping (reserved for later)
12oz (340g)- Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10oz (280g) Fage 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 whole eggs
1/2 Cup (100g) – Granulated Splenda
1/4 Cup (60 mL) – non fat milk
1.5 scoop (32 grams) – Optimum Nutrition Creamy Vanilla Casein Powder
2 teaspoon (5 mL)- Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
pinch of Kosher salt
For the crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 C), and line or spray a 6 in round springform pan.
2. With a food processor or blender, grind cereal until it becomes crumb like. Take crumbs out and put into springform pan
3. Evenly mix melted butter with cereal crumbs. Press it evenly on the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let the crust cool before putting the cheesecake filling in.
For the apple topping:
1. In a large pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon and incorporate it with the butter. Cook apples until it’s soft (about 10 min). Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it with the cheesecake.
For the cheesecake:
1. Lower heat to 325 degree F (162 C)
2. Using a stand or hand mixer, mix cream cheese on medium until creamy. Add Splenda and continue mixing until incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for eggs ) – mix on medium for 3 minutes.
4.Add eggs, one a time until it’s mixed (don’t over mix it or you’ll get large cracks and the cheesecake will flatten)
5. Bake cheesecake at 325 degrees F (162 C) for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 200 degrees F (93 C) and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour. The center should be kind of wobbly (but still firm). Remove and cool to room temperature. Wrap cheesecake and refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to serve, add apple topping to the top of cheesecake and drizzle caramel over it.
I also have an exciting announcement!
I am a macro coach for my brother’s Fitocracy Team Fitness group, Your Ultimate Transformation.
It’s a 20-week group that will get you to the best shape of your life. Here’s the progress of one group trainee who also ate a ton of EpicureanBB cheesecake.
I’m offering readers 20% off to join the group by using the code EPIBB20, where you can work with Miss America’s trainer… aaand me of course! :)