If you like peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do, then this Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake will be in your culinary repertoire for a long time.
P.S You’ll need chocolate peanut butter Poptarts for the crust, a package of Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups (I’ve found it at the Vitamin Shoppe and online), and some PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter for this recipe. You can also use real peanut butter and myprotein pb caramel cups if you cannot find them!
For the crust
- 2 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Tarts
- 1 tablespoon (14g) melted unsalted butter
For the cheesecake (ALL at room temperature)
- 16oz (453 G) Fat Free Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (12g) Splenda
- 14oz (396g)Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) non fat milk
- 1 scoops (32g) Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Casein powder (or whey)
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 Quest Cravings peanut butter cup, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (12g) PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter + 1 tablespoon (15 mL), stir together until smooth
*I didn’t top the whole cheesecake with this, just my individual slice since it fit my macros for the day. You can add as much PB2 and Quest peanut butter cups as you want to the cake, just don’t forget to adjust the macros!
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 325 F (162 C). Spray a 6 inch spring form pan with some non stick cooking spray.
- With a food processor (or using a zip lock bag and manual pounding!), grind the Pop-Tarts to crumbs. Add melted butter and incorporate it with the crumbs. Press it evenly into the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes, as you prepare the cheesecake filling. Remove and let it cool but keep the oven on after removing the crust.
For the cheesecake
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix cream cheese on medium until creamy. Add Splenda and continue mixing until incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for eggs) – mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one a time until it’s mixed (don’t over mix it or you’ll get large cracks). Once your crust has cooled, pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 F (162 C) for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 F (93 C) for 50min – 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 8 equal slices when ready to serve. If your macros allow, add the chopped Quest Peanut Butter Cup and PB2 on your slice of cheesecake!
Whole cake (excludes topping)
- Protein 154g
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 138g
- Calories 1563
Per slice (excludes toppings):
- Protein 19g
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 17
- Calories 195
Slice with toppings:
- Protein 35g
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 26g
- Calories 360