This flavorful combination of meat, cabbage, and sauce can be easily created in your slow cooker! Perfect for rest day.
- 1 pound (453g) ground beef (I used 91% lean)
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 1/2 of a large onion, chopped into small pieces
- ½ of a large green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried oregeno
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (475 mL) beef or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white vinegar
- Pepper (adjust to your taste)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) Worcestershire Sauce
- Cut about 8 leaves off and place in bowl filled with some water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for about 3 minutes or until the leaves are soft, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, vegetables, dried oregano, garlic and mustard and divide it to 8 large balls.
- Carefully place a ball of the meat mixture into the middle of each cabbage leaf and roll up into a ball, and place on the bottom of your slow cooker (seam side down). Do this until all your meat mixture is gone.
- In another bowl, combine chicken or beef broth with tomato paste, vinegar, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce . Pour it on top of the cabbage rolls. Cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Protein 102g
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 7g
- Calories 843