A classic summer treat with a twist!
Macros for per biscuit (makes 9): P 5g/ F 6g/ C 25g/Cal 181
Macros for protein fluff: P 25/F 1g/C 14g
For the Drop Biscuits:
2 cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for sprinkling)
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon zest
1 teaspoon Salt
5 tablespoons Butter (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup non fat Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup non fat Milk
For the Protein Fluff:
1 scoop of vanilla casein protein powder (or whey but it won’t be as thick)
¼ cup Skim milk or water
½ cup frozen sliced strawberries
To make biscuits
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Add the cubes of butter and cut in using your hands or a pastry blender. Combine until the butter is blended and the mixture is crumbly. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt and milk. Pour into the flour mixture and work together until incorporated. Add flour as needed but dough should still be moderately sticky.
2. Using a ice cream scoop, drop 9 balls of dough into a small bowl of the extra flour one at a time. Working with your hands, loosely shape the dusted ball and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough spacing about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
3. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut into top and bottom halves with a serrated knife. Place strawberries in between the halves. Serve with a large dollop of protein fluff and a fresh basil leaf.
To make protein fluff
1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. With an electric mixer or stand mixer, whisk mixture for 5-8 minutes until it gains volume.
3. Place in freezer to chill while biscuits are baking.
Serve with the biscuits and strawberries.
*Note you may have a lot of leftover fluff, so dig in with a spoon :D