We just wanted a workout that would put “The Seven Minute Workout” to shame.
We didn’t think we’d stumble upon a workout that’s more effective for fat loss than an hour of normal cardio.
Here’s how we stumbled upon one.
Meet Dr. Layne Norton
Dr. Layne Norton is possibly one of the world’s most knowledgable scientists when it comes to practical fat loss and muscle gain. Unlike most scientists who are only involved in academia, Dr. Norton trains thousands of people, all of whom have fat loss deadlines.
We asked Layne the following question:
“If you only had 15 minutes for PURE fat loss, what is the best routine possible?”
Dr. Norton paused for a little bit. And a little bit longer.
You could tell that he was mentally running through all his decades of research.
“Ok, here’s the best cardio routine that’s humanly possible. It’s more effective for fat burning than walking on and incline treadmill for over an hour”
The Best Cardio Humanly Possible in 15 Minutes
1. Start out by warming up for 5 minutes at half of the bike’s max resistance.
2. After 5 minutes, pedal as fast as you can for 10 seconds.
3. Then, increase the resistance to the max and still pedal as fast as you can. Continue this for 20 seconds.
4. Go back to an easy pace and resistance for 90 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you hit 15 minutes.
And as always, make sure to track your workouts for points on Fitocracy. (You can follow Layne on there too!)